About us‎ > ‎

St. Clement's Anglican Church - Dumfries

St. Clement’s Church overlooks the beautiful St. John River Valley, some 40 kilometres west of Fredericton, and the church was first mentioned as early as 1974.

The initial parish church, built in 1826-27, was torn down and replaced by a new structure in 1920. Construction of the Mactaquac Dam in the mid-1960s caused that church to be relocated to higher ground. It was demolished in July 1998.

The present St. Clement’s was erected on the same site in 1998. The building committee worked to ensure it is a modest, environmentally friendly, energy-efficient, accessible and comfortable building. The dining area has an unobstructed view of the beautiful St. John River. Every effort was made to incorporate pieces from the old St. Clement’s in the new building. You will find them in the sacristy and tabernacle shelves, the altar and newly refurbished stained glass windows.

The Service of Dedication was held on January 24, 1999. The mortgage on the new church was paid off over the next five years. On September 19, 2004, the Right Rev. Claude W. Miller, Bishop of Fredericton, consecrated the church.